[Dune] suggestion for testing

Andreas Dedner dedner at mathematik.uni-freiburg.de
Mon May 19 15:51:40 CEST 2008

 > Managing patches is actually the job of a version control system.  The
 > usual way of dealing with this problem is to have a testing branch
 > where all dubious patches go, people or test suites test this branch,
 > and patches that are found to be working fine are merged back to the
 > trunk.
I agree, but do you have a suggestion of how
this can be done without too much fuss?
Would this require a development branch in which
changes are committed and then they are merged
into the trunk after some testing. What would be
a good way of doing this?
Having a directory of the form
   dune.org/patches/today/patch*
would perhaps not be perfect but would be easy
to get working right a way. We could
then still discuss a more sophisticated
approach if the other one turns out to be
insufficient.
Andreas
approach