[Dune] suggestion for testing

Sven Marnach sven at pantoffel-wg.de
Mon May 19 13:14:28 CEST 2008

Hi!

Oliver Sander schrieb am Mo, 19. Mai 2008, um 11:33:46 +0200:
> The suggestion of more tests is always welcome.  I just
> don't think sending patches around by email is a good
> idea.  IMHO we need as many tests on as many platforms
> as we can get, but we need them automatically, so no emails
> get lost, and at a centralized place.

Managing patches is actually the job of a version control system.  The
usual way of dealing with this problem is to have a testing branch
where all dubious patches go, people or test suites test this branch,
and patches that are found to be working fine are merged back to the
trunk.  Unfortunately, merging doesn't work very well in svn, but I
still think this is a much better solution than dealing with patches
manually.

Greetings,
    Sven