[Dune] deprecated UGGrid methods

Oliver Sander sander at mi.fu-berlin.de
Tue Oct 14 12:36:27 CEST 2008

Hi Bernd!
At the last meeting it was decided that grid creation methods should be
provided in a separate factory class.  This class exists and is fully
functional

http://www.dune-project.org/doc/doxygen/dune-grid-html/classDune_1_1GridFactory_3_01UGGrid_3_01dimworld_01_4_01_4.html

Therefore the methods in the grid itself are deprecated and will be removed
after the next release.

Greetings,
Oliver

Bernd Flemisch schrieb:
> Dear Dune,
>
> I just learned that the methods createBegin, createEnd,
> insertBoundarySegment, insertVertex, and insertElement of UGGrid are
> meanwhile deprecated. Why? Are there alternatives if I want to insert
> mixed grids of tetrahedra, pyramids, prisms, and hexahedra?
>
> Thank you. All the best
> Bernd

* Oliver Sander                ** email: sander at mi.fu-berlin.de        *
* Freie Universität Berlin     ** phone: + 49 (30) 838 75217           *
* Institut für Mathematik      ** URL  : page.mi.fu-berlin.de/~sander  *
* 14195 Berlin, Germany        ** Member of MATHEON (www.matheon.de)   *