[Dune] [#445] Add a module for approximate comparison [patch] (Attachment added)

Jö Fahlke jorrit at jorrit.de
Wed Oct 22 15:33:54 CEST 2008

Am Wed, 22. Oct 2008, 15:23:38 +0200 schrieb Martin Nolte:
> Before we change the coding style in one module just to conform to the STL, I
> would suggest to move the problematic classes into the namespace std. Then,
> within this namespace we enforce STL coding style and within the namespace
> Dune we enforce Dune coding style. I think these are the clearest rules and
> little change is needed to conform to them.

I believe that extending the namespace std is a bad idea since it may lead to
conflicts with future extensions of the standard.  We could however use
something like Dune::std (or lowercase dune, although that will probably lead
to confusion).

As a whole, this proposal could mean that we need two versions of some
classes, one conforming to the STL and one conforming to Dune's naming scheme.

Bye
Jö.

--
Sie können die Unversität jetzt ausschalten.