[Dune] Laplace example (Code included)

Arne Rekdal arne at stud.ntnu.no
Fri Oct 24 11:14:17 CEST 2008

Hello.

I am a Norwegian master student in applied mathematics. I study at
NTNU in Trondheim. Currently I am working on an implementation of a
FEM solver for the Laplace equation. This is part of the prestudy for
my thesis.

I can?t see an example like this on the homepage of DUNE (I know about
the Grid How-to). Could this be of interest?

I have implemented a solver now, with great help from this mailing
list. I am aware that some of the solutions are not very elegant. My
biggest concern is the structure of the implementation. I have also
question about the Mapper interface; from what I can see, it is not
possible to create a mapper that only maps the degrees of freedom?

The source code for the solver is included, and any suggestions for
improvements and answers to the questions I have put in the code will
be greatly appreciated.

Best regards
Arne Rekdal