[Dune] Interface change in dune-disc/operators

Markus Blatt Markus.Blatt at ipvs.uni-stuttgart.de
Mon Sep 29 13:05:08 CEST 2008

Hi,

On Mon, Sep 29, 2008 at 10:09:38AM +0200, Oliver Sander wrote:

> Nota bene: this is an interface change.  You'll have to change the following
> things in your code:
> - If you use descendants of LocalStiffness: the first template parameter is
>   a GridView now, not a Grid
> - If you maintain descendants of LocalStiffness:
>   - if they are linear, inherit from LinearLocalStiffness now
>   - the methods assemble() and assembleBoundaryConditions() are no member
>     templates anymore

There are cases where one might need to iterate over e.g. the
intersections of an entity. (E.g. for the boundary conditions in
p1groundwater.hh).

To do this without the IntersectionGetter stuff, one needs the
gridview available. This can be done either by providing it to to
LocalStiffness (cumbersome for the user) or by giving assemble and
assembleBoundaryConditions an additional parameter for the grid view
(IMHO it should be available in the assembler).

I therefore propose to add the gridview as a parameter to the assemble
methods in LocalStiffness!

Markus