[Dune] New numbering

Carsten Graeser graeser at math.fu-berlin.de
Wed Apr 8 12:19:04 CEST 2009

Just a small program printing the new numbers and
its output. Changing numbers are marked.

Carsten

Martin Nolte schrieb:
> Hi Oliver,
>
> the hardcoded renumbering can be found in dune/genericgeometry/conversion.hh.
> The class to look at is called MapNumbering< Topology > or something like
> MapNumberingPyramid for special things like the 3d pyramid.
>
> It would be very nice if someone has the time to make pictures from this or
> put this information into a table within the documentation.
>
> Moreover, knowing exactly where to find what also means that you don't see the
> problems anymore. This means that everybody could be helping by creating a
> FlySpray task with questions. Maybe you could also specify where this
> information should be put (then we don't have to think about it).
>
> Martin
>
> Oliver Sander wrote:
>> Dear Dune!
>> I still have problems with the new numbering.
>> - The doxygen page on transition to the new ref elements is empty
>> - I would _never_ find it if I didn't follow the commit mails
>>    a) why isn't it mentioned on the 'recent changes' page?
>>    b) why isn't there a news entry?
>> I think we agreed on the danger of this change.  I would expect
>> bold-face red-ink warnings all over the place.  As Otto Normaluser
>> I would currently just think that 'oh they changed tons of names
>> again' and adapt my calls accordingly.
>> - As a grid maintainer I would like to see a lists of changes,
>>   old numberings vs. new ones, and not just methods that do the
>>   renumbering for me.  I have found the illustrations of the new
>>   references elements, but I am unwilling to print out the old and
>>   new ones and compare ('In diesem Bild hat der Zeichner zehn
>>   Fehler versteckt...').
>>
>> --
>> Oliver

Carsten Gräser           | phone: +49-30 / 838-75349
Freie Universität Berlin | fax  : +49-30 / 838-54977
Institut für Mathematik  | email: graeser at math.fu-berlin.de
Arnimallee 6             |
14195 Berlin, Germany    | URL  : http://page.mi.fu-berlin.de/graeser