[Dune] Dune and CMake

Christian Engwer christi at uni-hd.de
Mon Dec 7 21:44:44 CET 2009

Hi Bernd,

> thank you for your quick response.
>
> Currently, I do not think of having a replacement. More of
> starting to work on it as an alternative and see how far
> we can get. Of course, it will take a lot of time until it
> can do everything the current build system can do.
>
> So far, we just included it for our module, and we can
> build our tests with it. In comparison, I see two
> advantages:
> - CMake is very fast. Configuring takes almost no time.

a definite pro.

> - Out of source builts are standard.

This works with autotools aswell, it's just that it doesn't work with
dune atm. But it will also fail for cmake if you start adding the
missing features. I kind of know what is missing. As walways it is a
matter of time to add the missing features. But is not that
complicated.

Christian