[Dune] class LocalIndex in dune-localfunctions

Markus Blatt Markus.Blatt at iwr.uni-heidelberg.de
Sat Mar 7 08:11:11 CET 2009

Hi,

On Fri, Mar 06, 2009 at 11:03:50PM +0100, Peter Bastian wrote:
> In the file "localcoefficients.hh" in dune-localfunctions there is a
> class named LocalIndex. Unfortunately this name is in conflict with the
> AMG of Markus in dune-istl (I should have known...).
>
> As dune-istl is older and LocalIndex wasn't such a good name anyway I
> suggest to rename LocalIndex in LocalKey (sounds better eh!). To be
> consistent, the method localIndex() in class LocalCoefficientsInterface
> needs to be renamed to localKey.
>
> Since almost no one is using dune-localfunctions anyway I guess this
> does not bother many. And you might want to use AMG as well which
> requires such a change.

No objections from my side.

Still as this problem occurs rather frequently as DUNE is growing (I
has the same problem at least twice and changed to rather unfortunate
names) I would like to see this issue fixed in all DUNE core modules
by proper usage of namespaces.

I therefore would propose to introduce  new namespaces for all core
modules (Dune::Grid, Dune::Istl, ...) once 1.2 is released.

Cheers,

Markus