[Dune] duneproject tool

Dragan Vidovic vitkecar at gmail.com
Thu Mar 12 15:56:07 CET 2009

Dear all,

I am new to this. After reading the documentation I want to try to
start a project, and I'm having trouble with the most basic stuff.

I installed dune-common, dune-grid, dune-istl and dune-grid-howto,
version 1.1.1. The examples from the howto are working fine. Amiramesh
was not found, but that's not important for me. The platform is Ubuntu
8.10. Then I used

duneproject

to generate a new project. I call it dune-porous, I make it depend on
dune-common, dune-grid and dune-istl, I assign it version 0.0001, and
I specify my e-mail address. It creates a dune-project dir in the same
place where other Dune modules are, and six files in it. It also
outputs lots of code to the console, but no errors.

It advises me to use dunecontrol, which will set up the module. So I run

dunecontrol  --opts=/usr/local/src/dune-compile-options-parallel all

in the parent directory, which is the same command that I used to
build Dune, and the opts file contains

CONFIGURE_FLAGS="--with-alberta=/usr/local/src/alberta-1.2
--with-alugrid=/usr/local/src/ALUGrid-1.13
--with-amiramesh=/usr/local/src/libamiramesh-LinuxAMD64"

So this goes trough all dune-* dirs, and ends up with an error message:

checking for dune-common installation or source tree...
        found in /usr/local/src/dune-common-1.1.1
checking dune/common/stdstreams.hh usability... yes
checking dune/common/stdstreams.hh presence... yes
checking for dune/common/stdstreams.hh... yes
checking for libdunecommon... no
configure: error: /usr/local/src/dune-common-1.1.1 does not seem to
contain a valid dune-common (failed to link with libdunecommon.la)
--- Failed to build dune-porous ---
Execution of dunecontrol terminated due to errors!

Well, /usr/local/src/dune-common-1.1.1/lib/libdunecommon.la is there
and I guess it's fine, because the examples work.

And, there is no file called dune-autogen that the Buildsystem-HOWTO
talks about.

Any suggestions?

Dragan