[Dune] duneproject tool

Oliver Sander sander at mi.fu-berlin.de
Mon Mar 16 10:23:04 CET 2009

Hi Dragan!
Actually, duneproject is not supposed to output lots of code to the
console.  Amazingly though, I can reproduce your problem.  Apparently,
not many people tried out the duneproject script in the release...

I'm not sure whether that problem will make us release a 1.1.2.  Could
you try the 1.2 prerelease?  Any bug there is much more likely to be
fixed.

BTW, if AmiraMesh support is not important to you you don't have
to include it in your configure-flags.

best wishes,
Oliver

Dragan Vidovic schrieb:
> Dear all,
>
> I am new to this. After reading the documentation I want to try to
> start a project, and I'm having trouble with the most basic stuff.
>
> I installed dune-common, dune-grid, dune-istl and dune-grid-howto,
> version 1.1.1. The examples from the howto are working fine. Amiramesh
> was not found, but that's not important for me. The platform is Ubuntu
> 8.10. Then I used
>
> duneproject
>
> to generate a new project. I call it dune-porous, I make it depend on
> dune-common, dune-grid and dune-istl, I assign it version 0.0001, and
> I specify my e-mail address. It creates a dune-project dir in the same
> place where other Dune modules are, and six files in it. It also
> outputs lots of code to the console, but no errors.
>
> It advises me to use dunecontrol, which will set up the module. So I run
>
> dunecontrol  --opts=/usr/local/src/dune-compile-options-parallel all
>
> in the parent directory, which is the same command that I used to
> build Dune, and the opts file contains
>
> CONFIGURE_FLAGS="--with-alberta=/usr/local/src/alberta-1.2
> --with-alugrid=/usr/local/src/ALUGrid-1.13
> --with-amiramesh=/usr/local/src/libamiramesh-LinuxAMD64"
>
> So this goes trough all dune-* dirs, and ends up with an error message:
>
> checking for dune-common installation or source tree...
>         found in /usr/local/src/dune-common-1.1.1
> checking dune/common/stdstreams.hh usability... yes
> checking dune/common/stdstreams.hh presence... yes
> checking for dune/common/stdstreams.hh... yes
> checking for libdunecommon... no
> configure: error: /usr/local/src/dune-common-1.1.1 does not seem to
> contain a valid dune-common (failed to link with libdunecommon.la)
> --- Failed to build dune-porous ---
> Execution of dunecontrol terminated due to errors!
>
> Well, /usr/local/src/dune-common-1.1.1/lib/libdunecommon.la is there
> and I guess it's fine, because the examples work.
>
> And, there is no file called dune-autogen that the Buildsystem-HOWTO
> talks about.
>
> Any suggestions?
>
> Dragan

* Oliver Sander                ** email: sander at mi.fu-berlin.de        *
* Freie Universität Berlin     ** phone: + 49 (30) 838 75348           *
* Institut für Mathematik      ** URL  : page.mi.fu-berlin.de/~sander  *
* 14195 Berlin, Germany        ** Member of MATHEON (www.matheon.de)   *