[Dune] distributed dune testing environment

Andreas Dedner dedner at mathematik.uni-freiburg.de
Fri Nov 20 12:22:04 CET 2009

Hi,

since testing is also a topic of the upcoming dune meeting, I wanted to
present a testing environment, we have been working on for the last two
weeks. I think it follows a slightly different approach from the
original testing system, so that it can be seen as an addition or as a
replacement, we can decide that at the meeting. We in Freiburg will at
least use this approach for our internal testing but I think it has
potential as a general testing system for dune.

The idea is to have a decentralized system where everybody can
contribute in maintaining the stability of dune with little work for
everybody. A link to the page with the test results is
     http://dune.mathematik.uni-freiburg.de/testing
At the end of that page there are some remarks on how it is supposed to
work. Basically you register as a tester by sending us an email and get
an account. Then you run a testing script on your system which performs
the tests and transmits the results to us. The hope is that in this way
we can at least cover the configuration needed by the dune users.

It would be good if a few people ( please not all at once :-) )
would have a look at the system which means they have to send us an
email for an account.

Best
Andreas