[Dune] distributed dune testing environment

Christian Engwer christi at uni-hd.de
Fri Nov 20 13:30:13 CET 2009

Hi Andreas,

I had a look at the website. If I get it correctly the important point
is that there are no prescribed test-sets, but every database entry
defines its own list of modules, options, etc. In that sense it is
truely more decentralized than the autobuild code. And I think it
serves a different purpose. I like both approaches. My impression is
that your approach is very good for high-level tests (run your
application and check that the computations are valid etc.) while it
is hard to do low-level tests (you just see failure but have no idea
where the failure occured). This is where autobuild is strong, it
allows to inspect the different tests on a fine-grained level.

I think for the time being we should try to have both systems
running. On the long run we could discuss how we can integrate the two
approaches.

Cheers Christian