[Dune] hostgridaccess

Carsten Gräser graeser at math.fu-berlin.de
Tue Oct 13 10:40:09 CEST 2009

Hi Martin,
that's what I assumed. However the meta grid interface you
use is not documented anywhere and identity grid does not use
it (as e.g. also our own subgrid).

If this is supposed to be general it should use an interface
that the official meta grids share and that is documented
somewhere. This would mean we have to change the interface
which is not worth the work since hostgridaccess does not
provide any extra functionality - it only maps meta grid
methods (in a perhaps nice way).

Furthermore the assumptions are pretty restrictive:
Why should a meta grid leaf intersection be related
to any host grid leaf intersection ?

I can see that having it in utility/ is nice if you
have further private meta grids using the same interface.
In this case I suggest to :%s/GeometryGrid/MetaGrid/g
and add a note that this might be used for meta grids
providing the interface of GeometryGrid. This would
be much more coherent for potential users.

Regards
Carsten

Martin Nolte schrieb:
> Hi Carsten,
>
> the reason is that this technique can be used for arbitrary meta-grid.
> For example, the IdentityGrid could also provide this access.
>
> Martin
>
> Carsten Gräser wrote:
>> Hi,
>> is there a reason that hostgridaccess.hh is in dune-grid/grid/utility/ ?
>> Although it's some utility class it seems to be GeometryGrid specific
>> and hence the geometrygrid/ dir seems to be a more adequate place to me.
>>
>> Regards
>> Carsten

Carsten Gräser           | phone: +49-30 / 838-75349
Freie Universität Berlin | fax  : +49-30 / 838-54977
Institut für Mathematik  | email: graeser at math.fu-berlin.de
Arnimallee 6             |
14195 Berlin, Germany    | URL  : http://page.mi.fu-berlin.de/graeser