[Dune] Operator [] on Geometry.

Carsten Gräser graeser at math.fu-berlin.de
Mon Sep 14 13:47:10 CEST 2009

Sven Marnach schrieb:
> Hi Robert,
>
> Robert Kloefkorn schrieb am Mo, 14. Sep 2009, um 11:12:57 +0200:
>> since the operator [] has been deprecated in Version 1.2.x of dune-grid
>> I'm going to removed it in ALUGrid this week.
>
> the old reference elements and the old numbering have not been
> deprecated in 1.2.  There should be at least one transition release
> with the old numbering deprecated but still working.  So I suggest to
> not remove operator[] until after the next release.

Hi,
besides this, the discussion on changing the new numbering (at least for
simplices) seems not to be completed yet.

Furthermore we use mixed element grids in Berlin which are still not
supported by dune-localfunctions. Hence we have to stay with dune-disc
using the old numbering as long as there is no consensus on FS#564.

Regards
Carsten

Carsten Gräser           | phone: +49-30 / 838-75349
Freie Universität Berlin | fax  : +49-30 / 838-54977
Institut für Mathematik  | email: graeser at math.fu-berlin.de
Arnimallee 6             |
14195 Berlin, Germany    | URL  : http://page.mi.fu-berlin.de/graeser