[Dune] [Dune-Commit] dune-grid r5414 - trunk/grid/uggrid

Sven Marnach sven at pantoffel-wg.de
Thu Sep 17 13:43:16 CEST 2009

> > -    typename UG_NS<dim>::template Entity<codim>::T* getTarget() {
> > -        virtualEntity_.getTarget();
> > +    typename UG_NS<dim>::template Entity<codim>::T* getTarget()
> > +    {
> > +      return virtualEntity_.getTarget();
> >      }

Actually I would expect the old version to work.  Pointers are simply
returned in EAX, so the funciton virtualEntity_.getTarget() leaves its
return value there.  The function listed above does not have a return
value, so it does not touch EAX, and the code should work fine.
Inlining is not supposed to mess it up either.

But of course the code was wrong nevertheless.  I just doubt this was
the reason for Oliver's segfaults.

Greetings from Heidelberg,
    Sven