[Dune] Status of 2.0 release

Oliver Sander sander at mi.fu-berlin.de
Fri Apr 9 12:56:29 CEST 2010

Hi Christian!
I think that FS 730 and FS 731 should also be fixed before the release.
They are both easy, documentation-related issues.

Christian Engwer schrieb:
> Dear all,
>
> thank you for your hard work on the upcoming 2.0 release. Everything
> took a bit longer than expected, which is mainly due to the large
> number of last-minute-features we decided on in Berlin last
> November. But the long freeze is a aproaching an end.
>
> I have prepared beta tarballs... although I don't intend to do many
> beta cycles.
>
> You can download the beta tarballs from:
>   http://www.dune-project.org/download/2.0beta1
>
> There are a few things I'm asking you for/about:
>
> * Test these tarballs with your applications
>   - file bug reports if you encounter problems
>   - smaller issues shall be fixed, bigger issues will be listed as
>     known issue (see recent_changes.wml, section "known issues")
>
> * There are currently 2 open issues that need to be sorted out:
>   - FS#767 - Segfault in test-oned
>   - FS#768 - testgenericfem failes
>
> * Check the recent_changes.wml
>   - are any new features missing in this list?
>   - are any known issues missing in the list?
>     ... the list should contain all severe bugs and those bugs that
>         are already fixed in the trunk, but missing in the release.
>
> * What is the status of the gmsh-reader/UG problem? Is there a fix
>   that could be backported?
>
> Cheers
> Christian

* Oliver Sander                ** email: sander at mi.fu-berlin.de        *
* Freie Universität Berlin     ** phone: + 49 (30) 838 75348           *
* Institut für Mathematik      ** URL  : page.mi.fu-berlin.de/~sander  *
* 14195 Berlin, Germany        ** Member of MATHEON (www.matheon.de)   *