[Dune] Status of 2.0 release

Christian Engwer christi at uni-hd.de
Fri Apr 9 16:44:01 CEST 2010

Dear all,

> * What is the status of the gmsh-reader/UG problem? Is there a fix
>   that could be backported?

I have discussed this problem with Dan. It seems that working
boundaryprojections are out of sight atm (at least for the gmsh
reader). The problem is that the mapping between reference face and
the boundarysemnet differs from the mapping between reference face and
the face-in-the-cell-sub-entity. They have a different orientation.

UG does complain that the orientation is wrong and throws an
exception. The other two grid managers accept the file. My main
concern is, if they handle the segments correctly. As I undestand the
problem in UG, it is that you have to specify a point local
coordinates of the boundary segment. If this point is wrong, the whole
projection is wrong. Might this problem occure in ALU or Alberta
aswell?

In order to get at least the linear boundary segments working again,
it would be necessary to add the insert-method with only the vertex
parameter to alugrid and alberta. I think if we move the
lineaboundaryegment-default Implementation to the boudanrysegemnt
header this fix would be really easy.

All reamining issues must be documented in the release_notes.