[Dune] Problem using ALUGrid and the gmshreader

giese at mathematik.hu-berlin.de giese at mathematik.hu-berlin.de
Wed Apr 14 17:51:54 CEST 2010

Dear Dune Developers,

I am stuck with problem and was wondering if you could help me. I would
like to read *.msh files and create a Grid of the Type ALUGrid. The
compilation of my programme shows know error. For testing I tried to read
the files "cube.msh" and "pyramid.msh" from your examples. Running the
programme the following error message occurs:

parallel run on 1 process(es)
Reading 3d Gmsh grid...
version 2 Gmsh file detected
file contains 14 nodes
file contains 48 elements
number of real vertices = 14
number of boundary elements = 24
number of elements = 24
Dune reported error: NotImplemented: insertBoundarySegment with a single
argument

What does this mean? How can I solve the problem? For an answer I would be
very grateful.

Best regards,
Wolfgang Giese