[Dune] how to access method Dune::GenericReferenceElement via an element iterator ?

Benedikt Oswald Benedikt.Oswald at psi.ch
Wed Dec 22 10:02:06 CET 2010

Dear Dune, probably a trivial questions, but nevertheless I do not see a simple solution:

given an element iterator for a codim 0 entity, how can I access methods like size (.) of the
Dune::GenericReferenceElement without a priori using the knowledge that the element
is of a special type, such as a tet ?

i.e. something like:

nNodePerEntity=(*elemit).geometry().type().size(codimofnode);

???

Thanks! Benedikt

Benedikt Oswald, Dr. sc. techn., dipl. El. Ing. ETH, www.psi.ch, Computational Accelerator Scientist, http://amas.web.psi.ch
Paul Scherrer  Institute (PSI), CH-5232 Villigen, Suisse, benedikt.oswald at psi.ch, +41(0)56 310 32 12

"Passion is required for any great work, and for the revolution passion and audacity are required in big doses.",
 Ernesto 'Che' Guevara, Letter to his parents.