[Dune] how to access method Dune::GenericReferenceElement via an element iterator ?

Jö Fahlke jorrit at jorrit.de
Wed Dec 22 10:57:58 CET 2010

Am Wed, 22. Dec 2010, 10:02:06 +0100 schrieb Benedikt Oswald:
> given an element iterator for a codim 0 entity, how can I access methods like size (.) of the
> Dune::GenericReferenceElement without a priori using the knowledge that the element
> is of a special type, such as a tet ?
>
> i.e. something like:
>
> nNodePerEntity=(*elemit).geometry().type().size(codimofnode);

  const Dune::GenericReferenceElement<ctype, dim> &refelem =
    Dune::GenericReferenceElements<ctype, dim>::general(elemit->type());
  nNodePerEntity = refelem.size(codimofnode);

Note that the first GenericReferenceElement (the element itself) is without an
's' at the end, while the second GenericReferenceElements (the reference
element factory) has a trailing 's'.

Bye,
Jö.

--
A programmer is a device to turn coffee and pizza into bugs.