[Dune] configure error(dune-grid-howto)

Oliver Sander sander at mi.fu-berlin.de
Fri Feb 12 11:24:08 CET 2010

Of course we can decide that a module that doesn't depend on
anything special and is not depended upon doesn't need to have
the m4 directory.  On the other hand, practically every dune module
has been created by duneproject and hence will have a small m4
automatically.  Therefore I propose that if it keeps dunecontrol
simpler we should decide that every module has to have m4.

> This isn't exactly true. All modules _can_ have an m4 directory, but
> they don't have to. Well, they shouldn't have to, but with this b ug
> every module needs the directory. If you don't need any additional
> tests and nobody uses your module, you don't have to bother with this.
>
> I am working on it, actually I have identified the problem and I'll
> discuss it with Joe, when I'm in office.
>
> Christian

* Oliver Sander                ** email: sander at mi.fu-berlin.de        *
* Freie Universität Berlin     ** phone: + 49 (30) 838 75348           *
* Institut für Mathematik      ** URL  : page.mi.fu-berlin.de/~sander  *
* 14195 Berlin, Germany        ** Member of MATHEON (www.matheon.de)   *