[Dune] Boost and autoconf

Bernd Flemisch bernd at iws.uni-stuttgart.de
Fri Jan 15 18:26:29 CET 2010

Hey Carsten,

> Since I don't really know m4 and I'm also not aware where the
> problem originates I did not try this yet. The newest version
> of the ax_boost_base macro from
>
> http://www.nongnu.org/autoconf-archive/ax_boost_base.html
>
> contains a patch that is said to fix a 'problem with lib
> dir for 64Bit systems' However, it's not clear if this problem
> is meant, especially since it did not appear on our 64bit debian systems.
>
> Our student reported that with this version dunecontrol freezes
> just after '-->  automake...' whitout any error message - which
> sounds even more strange. Perhaps you could also give this version
> a try and report your results.

We use the ax_boost_base.m4 for our Dumux module. I just checked and it
is the current one from nongnu.org. This works without problems on my
machine.

Kind regards
Bernd

>> On Thu, 14 Jan 2010 21:05:22 +0100
>>   Carsten Gräser <graeser at math.fu-berlin.de> wrote:
>>
>>> Hi,

>>> OK, 'does not work means' the configure script aborts
>>> with
>>>
>>> 	Could not link against -lGL !
>>>
>>> This seems to be OpenGl related, but '-lGL' is just the
>>> content
>>> of the ax_lib variable that remains from the much
>>> earlier OpenGL test.
>>> The boost test does in general also uses this variable
>>> but in this
>>> case it is not reset.

>>> Perhaps it would help if some has a working autoconf
>>> tests for
>>> boost libraries (that is not the one from nongnu).
>>>
>>> I could also send the tests and the corresponding part
>>> of the
>>> configure script (~700 lines) but I'm afraid this will
>>> not
>>> help without the possibility to test on Suse.
>>>
>>> Best Regards
>>> Carsten

Bernd Flemisch                               phone: +49 711 685 69162
IWS, Universität Stuttgart                   fax:   +49 711 685 60430
Pfaffenwaldring 61                  email: bernd at iws.uni-stuttgart.de
D-70569 Stuttgart                  url: www.hydrosys.uni-stuttgart.de