[Dune] Developer status for Jö

Oliver Sander sander at mi.fu-berlin.de
Fri Jul 9 15:04:03 CEST 2010

I am also very much in favour of having Jö as a core developer.
There is enough evidence on the list that the objections against
him were not well-founded.  Quite the opposite.

Am 2010-07-09 11:52, schrieb Markus Blatt:
> Hi,
>
> my two cents on this topic:
>
> Casten started stating opinions and comments on the DUNE list as early
> as August 2006. In a April 2009 we granted him write access to the
> repositories.
> Given his continuous and growing effort contributing to Dune since
> then and his various comments and patches I am clearly in favor
> granting developer status to Carsten. He would be a big asset to our
> team.
>
> I have to stress though, that I feel that there is another IMHO bigger
> contributor (Joe) that have not been granted developer status yet (more
> precisely their grant was defeated by some of us). I would very much
> like to see him as a core developer, too. At least if he is still interested.
>
> Markus

* Oliver Sander                ** email: sander at mi.fu-berlin.de        *
* Freie Universität Berlin     ** phone: + 49 (30) 838 75348           *
* Institut für Mathematik      ** URL  : page.mi.fu-berlin.de/~sander  *
* 14195 Berlin, Germany        ** Member of MATHEON (www.matheon.de)   *