[Dune] self-written module depending on self-written module

Bernd Flemisch bernd at iws.uni-stuttgart.de
Fri Jul 16 12:06:34 CEST 2010

Hey Christian and Oliver,

thank you very much for your fast answer.

Indeed, I messed it up myself. The module "dumux" was created yesterday
and the m4 contained the necessary lines. The module "dumux-devel" was
the old one and in fact just renamed from "dumux". And I forgot to
rename and change the m4 consistently.

I had to insert a directory dune and a soft link, since configure always
searches in "dune/...". But that is of just a result of my ignorance
since it is generated correctly by duneproject.

Now it works perfectly well. Thank you again
Bernd

> Hi Bernd,
>
> I assume (know) your dumux module is already somewhat older. Newer
> versions of duneproject create the most simple m4 files for your new
> project.
>
> You will have to add something like the following to project:
>
> dumux/m4/dumux.m4:
>
> dnl -*- autoconf -*-
> # Macros needed to find dumux and dependent libraries.  They are called by
> # the macros in ${top_src_dir}/dependencies.m4, which is generated by
> # "dunecontrol autogen"
>
> # Additional checks needed to build dumux
> # This macro should be invoked by every module which depends on dumux, as
> # well as by dumux itself
> AC_DEFUN([DUMUX_CHECKS])
>
> # Additional checks needed to find dumux
> # This macro should be invoked by every module which depends on dumux, but
> # not by dumux itself
> AC_DEFUN([DUMUX_CHECK_MODULE],
> [
>   DUNE_CHECK_MODULES([dumux],[dumux/dumux.hh])
> ])
>

> The macro DUMUX_CHECK_MODULE is required to find your module. If you
> didn't do any fancy tricks, the default version should do the
> trick. If you provide libraries, you should add the name of the lib to
> the DUNE_CHECK_MODULES entry (have a look at dune-grid for example).
>
> Christian
>
> On Fri, Jul 16, 2010 at 11:39:32AM +0200, Bernd Flemisch wrote:
>
>> Dear Dune,
>>
>> I am trying to build a self-written dune-module "dumux-devel" created
>> with duneproject that depends on another self-written dune-module
>> "dumux" created with duneproject.
>>
>> The dune.module of dumux-devel contains a
>> Depends: dumux
>>
>> Autoconf generates the correct configure flags
>>   $ ./configure ... --with-dumux=/temp/bernd/DUMUX/dumux/ ... -I
>> /temp/bernd/DUMUX/dumux/m4 ...
>>
>> But unfortunately, configure does not recognize it
>> configure:44345: WARNING: unrecognized options: --with-dumux
>>
>> Thus, configure does not create the necessary include flags.
>>
>> Do I have to write the --with-dumux option manually or is there an
>> easier way?
>>
>> Thank you. Kind regards
>> Bernd

Bernd Flemisch                               phone: +49 711 685 69162
IWS, Universität Stuttgart                   fax:   +49 711 685 60430
Pfaffenwaldring 61                  email: bernd at iws.uni-stuttgart.de
D-70569 Stuttgart                  url: www.hydrosys.uni-stuttgart.de