[Dune] Announcement: Dune User Meeting

Bernd Flemisch bernd at iws.uni-stuttgart.de
Mon Jul 19 10:32:31 CEST 2010

Dear Dune,

thank you all for participating in the poll, providing
substantial mass and a clear answer. It is my pleasure to
announce the first

           Dune User Meeting
           October 6th-8th 2010

in (or close to) Stuttgart. It would again be great if you
can post this announcement on the Dune website and inform
potential participants.

My next tasks are the organization of a meeting venue and
the setup of a registration website. I will keep you
posted on this.

In the meantime, we can maybe start discussing our
expectations from and possible contributions to the
meeting. My current thoughts are the following: we can
assume that a participant has visited one of the yearly
Dune courses in spring and knows about the Dune core
modules and most likely pdelab. Our meeting should answer
the question: What more is out there in the Dune world?

I would consider everything interesting listed on the Dune
external modules site, and even more interesting the stuff
that isn't. I would propose to have "standard" talks by
default, plus, if we can detect especially high interest
in particular modules and if the corresponding developers
are up for it, maybe some longer tutorial-like sessions.

Please share your thoughts on this.

Kind regards
Bernd

Bernd Flemisch                     phone: +49 711 685
69162
IWS, Universitaet Stuttgart          fax: +49 711 685
67020
Pfaffenwaldring 61        email:
bernd at iws.uni-stuttgart.de
D-70569 Stuttgart        url: