[Dune] globalRefine and ALUGRID_SIMPLEX

Andreas Dedner dedner at mathematik.uni-freiburg.de
Mon Mar 8 15:20:54 CET 2010

Hi.
This would really be a surprising error in the refinement strategy of
ALU - which I have difficulties to believe.
Again your tow test cases cannot lead to the same grid -
are we agreed on that?

Perhaps you could reduce the test case by starting with one tetrahedron
and calling globalRefine - since you have analyzed the problem so far
it should be easy enough to write a dgf file which only contains
one of the six tetrahedron ALU starts with and then we have only
8 tetrahedrons after refinement. This grid should be easy to
visualize.

Andreas

Dragan Vidovic wrote:>
> This is difficult to see because it
> looks all right from the outside, but four of the 48 tetrahedra in my
> final grid have cell centres at z=0.5, which means that they are not
> similar to the big tetrahedra that they were made from.
Could you explain this argument at bit more?