[Dune] Problem when instantiating a CG solver object with a Gauss Seidel Preconditioner

Markus Blatt Markus.Blatt at iwr.uni-heidelberg.de
Sat May 1 20:31:55 CEST 2010

Hi Benedikt,

On Fri, Apr 30, 2010 at 11:31:59PM +0200, Oswald Benedikt wrote:
> Hi Christian, we need a non-overlapping scalar product since the solver itself runs parallel
> and thus needs a parallel implementation of the dot product.

Sill, the operator, scalarproduct, and preconditioner need to be of
the same category. Apparently, you are trying to use a sequential
preconditioner with a non-overlapping (i.e. parallel) scalar
product. This is an error.

BTW I doubt that it worked with SeqJacobi. Maybe used a parallel
wrapper around the preconditioner before?

Cheers,

Markus