[Dune] Problems compiling DUNE one Ubuntu 10.10 64bit

Oliver Sander sander at mi.fu-berlin.de
Wed Nov 3 10:31:20 CET 2010

 > Have someone an idea to solver this problem?

Yes.  Look into config.log and find out what the problem is.

Am 03.11.2010 09:58, schrieb Patrick Leidenberger:
> Hi all,
>
> on a brand new installed Ubuntu 10.10 64bit I do not succeed compiling
> dune.
> I checked out the newest versions of dune-common (r6224) and grid
> (r7066) only and start the compilation with openmpi. The compilation
> went through dune-common without any problems and stuck in dune-grid
> with:

> configure: searching for GMP in /usr...
> checking gmpxx.h usability... no
> checking gmpxx.h presence... no
> checking for gmpxx.h... no
> configure: WARNING: gmpxx.h not found in /usr
> configure: searching for GMP in /usr/local...
> checking for gmpxx.h... (cached) no
> configure: WARNING: gmpxx.h not found in /usr/local
> checking for alglib4dune (>=1.0) via pkgconfig... no
> configure: error: could not find required module dune-common
> --- Failed to build dune-grid ---
> Terminating dunecontrol due to previous errors!
>
> I tried the same with older revisions of common (r6156) and grid
> (r6989) which is my current dev version on an ubuntu 10.04 64bit and
> which works fine. On the 10.10 I end up with the same problem.
>
> Versions of software:
>
>          ubuntu 10.04   10.10
> automake   1.11.1       1.11.1
> autoconf   2.65         2.67
> libtool    2.2.6b       2.2.6b
> g++        4.4.3        4.4.5
>
> If I downgrade autoconf on ubuntu 10.10 to version 2.64 the same
> problem occurs.
>
> Have someone an idea to solver this problem?
>
> Thanks a lot
> Patrick

* Oliver Sander                ** email: sander at mi.fu-berlin.de        *
* Freie Universität Berlin     ** phone: + 49 (30) 838 75348           *
* Institut für Mathematik      ** URL  : page.mi.fu-berlin.de/~sander  *
* 14195 Berlin, Germany        ** Member of MATHEON (www.matheon.de)   *