[Dune] Problems compiling DUNE one Ubuntu 10.10 64bit

Patrick Leidenberger leidenberger at ifh.ee.ethz.ch
Wed Nov 3 09:58:56 CET 2010

Hi all,

on a brand new installed Ubuntu 10.10 64bit I do not succeed compiling dune.
I checked out the newest versions of dune-common (r6224) and grid
(r7066) only and start the compilation with openmpi. The compilation
went through dune-common without any problems and stuck in dune-grid with:

configure: searching for GMP in /usr...
checking gmpxx.h usability... no
checking gmpxx.h presence... no
checking for gmpxx.h... no
configure: WARNING: gmpxx.h not found in /usr
configure: searching for GMP in /usr/local...
checking for gmpxx.h... (cached) no
configure: WARNING: gmpxx.h not found in /usr/local
checking for alglib4dune (>=1.0) via pkgconfig... no
configure: error: could not find required module dune-common
--- Failed to build dune-grid ---
Terminating dunecontrol due to previous errors!

I tried the same with older revisions of common (r6156) and grid (r6989)
which is my current dev version on an ubuntu 10.04 64bit and which works
fine. On the 10.10 I end up with the same problem.

Versions of software:

          ubuntu 10.04   10.10
automake   1.11.1       1.11.1
autoconf   2.65         2.67
libtool    2.2.6b       2.2.6b
g++        4.4.3        4.4.5

If I downgrade autoconf on ubuntu 10.10 to version 2.64 the same problem
occurs.

Have someone an idea to solver this problem?

Thanks a lot
Patrick