[Dune] 'dune-localfunctions-2.0' tarball

Oliver Sander sander at mi.fu-berlin.de
Mon Nov 8 12:32:43 CET 2010

Hi Patrick!
I tried and I cannot reproduce this on my Debian squeeze machine.

There are various known issues related to tar formats und filename length.
You may want to read
http://www.gnu.org/software/tar/manual/html_section/Formats.html
for more information.

best,
Oliver

Am 06.11.2010 00:23, schrieb Patrick Henning:
> Hello everybody!
>
> I just found out that there is a problem with the 'dune-localfunctions-2.0'  tarball on the DUNE project homepage. When I tried to compile it after unpacking, I recognized that some file names are clipped. For instance: Instead of ' hierarchicalsimplexp2withelementbubble.hh' you just find the file 'hierarchic'. This problem concerns roughly ten files. (I assume the ten longest file names). Further examples are: 'raviartthomas02dlocalbasi' instead of 'raviartthomas02dlocalbasis.hh' (and two other files in the same folder) and the file 'hierarchicalsimplexp2localbasis.hh'.
>
> After repairing this, everything works fine, but it took me awhile to realize that the compiler error:
>
>    make[5]: *** No rule to make target `hierarchicalprismp2localbasis.hh', needed by   `all-am'.  Stop.
>
> simply results from a clipped name. Maybe someone should fix this.
>
> Best regards,
> Patrick
>
> PS: Or is it perhaps a Mac-specific unpacking problem? I didn't test it under Linux.

* Oliver Sander                ** email: sander at mi.fu-berlin.de        *
* Freie Universität Berlin     ** phone: + 49 (30) 838 75348           *
* Institut für Mathematik      ** URL  : page.mi.fu-berlin.de/~sander  *
* 14195 Berlin, Germany        ** Member of MATHEON (www.matheon.de)   *