[Dune] about assigning different material properties to different sub domains in parallel

Oliver Sander sander at mi.fu-berlin.de
Fri Nov 19 09:19:19 CET 2010

Hi Nagaiah!
It is as the error message says: load balancing with data transfer is not
yet implemented for UGGrid.  Patches are welcome.

Besides, I don't think your problem doesn't have anything to do with
file formats.  Hence switching from dgf to gmsh doesn't make a difference.

Am 18.11.2010 16:16, schrieb Nagaiah Chamakuri:
> Dear DUNE,
>
> I am trying to add a different material properties to different parts
> of sub regions in a domain.
> * *For sequential computations I was successful using DGF format for
> UG and ALUGRID_SIMPLEX grids in* 2D.*
>
> for parallel computations I did not success with UG grid. It gives the
> following error.
> "Dune reported error: Dune reported error: NotImplemented: load
> balancing with data attached".
> (of course ALUGRID does not support parallel computations for 2D domains)
>
> I think gmsh format also does not support yet.
>
> Now I am wondering, is there a way to do it for parallel computations?
>
> Thank you in advance.
>
> Best Regards
> Nagaiah

* Oliver Sander                ** email: sander at mi.fu-berlin.de        *
* Freie Universität Berlin     ** phone: + 49 (30) 838 75348           *
* Institut für Mathematik      ** URL  : page.mi.fu-berlin.de/~sander  *
* 14195 Berlin, Germany        ** Member of MATHEON (www.matheon.de)   *