[Dune] C++ visibility

Steffen Müthing steffen.muething at ipvs.uni-stuttgart.de
Tue Nov 30 11:35:14 CET 2010

One easy optimization would be to add -fvisibility-inlines-hidden to CXXFLAGS,
as that already removes a lot of symbols due to the large amount of inline methods
in DUNE (at least when compiling optimized code, but if you are debugging, you
probably don't care that much anyway). I have been using it for about a year now
and have not had any problems - the only important part is that you need to compile
your complete stack either with or without it, including libraries like ALUGrid, UG,
SuperLU etc. Otherwise danger may robinson...

Steffen