[Dune] dune-grid-howto examples programs on parallel computers

Ankur Jayesh jayesh.ankur at gmail.com
Wed Sep 1 17:42:36 CEST 2010

Dear Sir,
I'm trying to use DUNE library v2.0 for my work. I am working on a cluster
computer with MPICH2.
I also have a non-MPI version of DUNE installed on a computer identical to
the nodes of the cluster.
I ran the test programs available in dune-grid-howto module of the software
for testing and benchmarking.
The tests are not showing any speed-up due to the cluster. What could be the
problem?

I've checked and the program is interacting properly with MPI and the
process is showing up on all cluster nodes.
Do I need to modify the code in order to run it properly on parallel (using
some explicit parallel instructions)?
Is SGrid also a parallel grid?

The programs I've run are:
gettingstarted
finitevolume

Regards
Jayesh Vinay Badwaik
Electronics and Communication Engineering
VNIT, Nagpur
INDIA - 440010