[Dune] Question about parallelization

Aleksejs Fomins Aleksejs.Fomins at psi.ch
Thu Sep 9 10:14:20 CEST 2010

Dear Dune,

I use the collective communication class and its operations gather and
min to communicate data.

1) If I use the gather, min operations, do I have to run them in all
processes?
Even if I require the resulting data only in the master process?

2) If I need to communicate 1 double from all processes to the master
process,
do I just make a double array of size 1 in all processes and use a
gather operation on it?

3) Do I understand correctly, that
in the gather operation, arrays sent by each process have to be the same
in size,
and furthermore, every entry of the array which is templated to T has to
be the same size as well?

Have a nice day,

Aleksey Fomin
Junior Research Scientist