[Dune] gridview communicate()

Markus Blatt Markus.Blatt at iwr.uni-heidelberg.de
Fri Sep 10 12:11:11 CEST 2010

Hi,

On Fri, Sep 10, 2010 at 11:57:51AM +0200, Vogelbacher Florian wrote:

> to parallelize my discontinuous galerkin solver I call inside a non
> overlapping operator object the
>
> gridviewcommunicate(CommDataHandleIF<DataHandle,Data>& datahandle,
> InterfaceType interface, CommunicationDirection direction) function.
>
> The datahandle is a derived class of CommDataHandleIF and of CODIM0.
>
> To have access to ghost element data I call the interface type
> Overlap_All_Interface, however nothing is received or send. With
> All_All_Interface it does work, however it seems a little bit brutal
> to me to send everything to everyone in some sense.

Sounds more brutal than it is. It does not send everything, but just
the data associated to entities that are also present on other processes.

>  But why does
> Overlapp_All_Interface not send anything?

Probably you use a grid that has no overlap entities.

Cheers,

Markus
--
Markus Blatt, Interdisciplinary Center for Scientific Computing,
University Heidelberg, Im Neuenheimer Feld 368, D-69120 Heidelberg

'Mathematics knows no races or geographic boundaries; for
mathematics, the cultural world is one country' - David Hilbert