[Dune] [Dune-Commit] dune-istl r1490 - trunk/dune/istl

Markus Blatt Markus.Blatt at iwr.uni-heidelberg.de
Wed Aug 3 12:15:21 CEST 2011

On Wed, Aug 03, 2011 at 11:45:07AM +0200, Jö Fahlke wrote:
> From what I can see, the version of the AX_BOOST_BASE macro included in
> dune-common is quite different from the macro actually distributed by the
> autoconf archive.  In Rebecca's case the version from the autoconf archive
> ends up in aclocal.m4 and thus is the one that is used in the end.

IMHO this is then a bug in the build system. Does it use -I to set the
path to our m4 directory? If so, we should change to -B which
prependes the directory to the search path. That should fix the
problem, shouldn't it?

> Of course,
> that one does not know anything about the HAVE/ENABLE trick.
>

> @Markus: You initially included a modified version of this file in Dune, can
>          you rename the macro to DUNE_BOOST_BASE or similar?  Or possibly bump
>          the version number of the file and send our changes upstream, if they
>          are suitable.

Initially yes. But that was only a small change to keep the skript
from failing if boost is not there. The Enable trick is due to
Christian and changes the semantics a lot. Therefore I do not think we
should send this upstream. Maybe someone with the problem should
rename it and check whether it works.

Markus

--
Markus Blatt, Interdisciplinary Center for Scientific Computing,
University Heidelberg, Im Neuenheimer Feld 368, D-69120 Heidelberg

'Mathematics knows no races or geographic boundaries; for
mathematics, the cultural world is one country' - David Hilbert