[Dune] Idea for Dune User Meeting

Bernd Flemisch bernd at iws.uni-stuttgart.de
Wed Dec 7 17:54:21 CET 2011

Dear DUNE,

I also share the feeling of Christian and will not waste
my time to try to decipher one-liners.

That said, every DUNE user should feel heartily encouraged
to submit properly formulated ideas for the User Meeting.
It should not be the hosts (whoever that is) dictating the
program, this should evolve from the user discussion.
Provided that it is technically feasible. And the proposer
of an accepted idea should feel responsible for realizing
it at the meeting (of course with the help of the hosts).

Kind regards
Bernd

On Wed, 7 Dec 2011 13:01:00 +0000 (GMT)
  Sergei Malashenko <malashenko_sergei at yahoo.com> wrote:
> I ask for a webinar for the Dune users. It would be a
>good idea in my opinion. I have some experience in using
>of the Dune project, but also I have a lot of questions.
> --- On Wed, 7/12/11, Christoph Grüninger
><christoph.grueninger at iws.uni-stuttgart.de> wrote:
>
>From: Christoph Grüninger
><christoph.grueninger at iws.uni-stuttgart.de>
> Subject: [Dune] Idea for Dune User Meeting
> To: dune at dune-project.org
> Date: Wednesday, 7 December, 2011, 14:15
>
> Hi Sergei,
> your habit of writing ultra-brief messages forces me to
>guess what you want to ask.
> a) You ask to organize a webinar for my idea of a Dune
>sprint.
>    I can't see any benefit from this because the point
>of a sprint is
>    to actually work together in the same location in
>opposite to the
>    usual far-distant development.
> b) You ask for a webinar for the Dune user meeting.
>    That might be a good idea depending on the number of
>interested and
>    whether the organizers can provide the technical
>infrastructure.
> 1) You ask me for organizing one of the above.
>    I'm sorry but I'm not involved in the planing but
>only shared my
>    thoughts about what I would like for the user
>meeting.
> 2) You ask the hosts for organizing a) or b).
>    I apologize for being self-centered and hope the
>hosts guess better
>    than I did and try to make a webinar possible.
>
> SCNR,
> Christoph
>

> Am 07.12.2011 11:21, schrieb Sergei Malashenko:
>> Good day. Could you organize webinar?
>
> -- Wir sind hocherfreut, daß sich für die moralisch
>fragwürdige Tätigkeit
> der Programmierung der Computerwanze kein fähiger
>Experte gewinnen
> ließ und die Aufgabe am Ende bei studentischen
>Hilfskräften mit noch
> nicht entwickeltem festen Moralfundament hängenblieb.
> [CCC, Analyse einer Regierungs-Malware, 8. Oktober 2011]

Bernd Flemisch                     phone: +49 711 685
69162
IWS, Universitaet Stuttgart          fax: +49 711 685
67020
Pfaffenwaldring 61        email:
bernd at iws.uni-stuttgart.de
D-70569 Stuttgart        url: