[Dune] Idea for Dune User Meeting

Felix Albrecht felix.albrecht at uni-muenster.de
Wed Dec 7 18:22:46 CET 2011

Dear all,

I created a project for the upcoming User Meeting:

http://users.dune-project.org/projects/user-meeting-2012/wiki

All registered members of the user wiki can edit this wiki and post and
discuss ideas. I also added an Example Idea to give you some code to
copy...

Greetings from Münster!

Felix

On Wed, 2011-12-07 at 17:54 +0100, Bernd Flemisch wrote:
> Dear DUNE,
>
> I also share the feeling of Christian and will not waste
> my time to try to decipher one-liners.
>
> That said, every DUNE user should feel heartily encouraged
> to submit properly formulated ideas for the User Meeting.
> It should not be the hosts (whoever that is) dictating the
> program, this should evolve from the user discussion.
> Provided that it is technically feasible. And the proposer
> of an accepted idea should feel responsible for realizing
> it at the meeting (of course with the help of the hosts).
>
> Kind regards
> Bernd
>
> On Wed, 7 Dec 2011 13:01:00 +0000 (GMT)
>   Sergei Malashenko <malashenko_sergei at yahoo.com> wrote:
> > I ask for a webinar for the Dune users. It would be a
> >good idea in my opinion. I have some experience in using
> >of the Dune project, but also I have a lot of questions.
> > --- On Wed, 7/12/11, Christoph Grüninger
> ><christoph.grueninger at iws.uni-stuttgart.de> wrote:
> >
> >From: Christoph Grüninger
> ><christoph.grueninger at iws.uni-stuttgart.de>
> > Subject: [Dune] Idea for Dune User Meeting
> > To: dune at dune-project.org
> > Date: Wednesday, 7 December, 2011, 14:15
> >
> > Hi Sergei,
> > your habit of writing ultra-brief messages forces me to
> >guess what you want to ask.
> > a) You ask to organize a webinar for my idea of a Dune
> >sprint.
> >    I can't see any benefit from this because the point
> >of a sprint is
> >    to actually work together in the same location in
> >opposite to the
> >    usual far-distant development.
> > b) You ask for a webinar for the Dune user meeting.
> >    That might be a good idea depending on the number of
> >interested and
> >    whether the organizers can provide the technical
> >infrastructure.
> > 1) You ask me for organizing one of the above.
> >    I'm sorry but I'm not involved in the planing but
> >only shared my
> >    thoughts about what I would like for the user
> >meeting.
> > 2) You ask the hosts for organizing a) or b).
> >    I apologize for being self-centered and hope the
> >hosts guess better
> >    than I did and try to make a webinar possible.
> >
> > SCNR,
> > Christoph
> >

> > Am 07.12.2011 11:21, schrieb Sergei Malashenko:
> >> Good day. Could you organize webinar?
> >
> > -- Wir sind hocherfreut, daß sich für die moralisch
> >fragwürdige Tätigkeit
> > der Programmierung der Computerwanze kein fähiger
> >Experte gewinnen
> > ließ und die Aufgabe am Ende bei studentischen
> >Hilfskräften mit noch
> > nicht entwickeltem festen Moralfundament hängenblieb.
> > [CCC, Analyse einer Regierungs-Malware, 8. Oktober 2011]

> Bernd Flemisch                     phone: +49 711 685
> 69162
> IWS, Universitaet Stuttgart          fax: +49 711 685
> [...]

 Felix Albrecht

 Institut fuer Numerische und Angewandte
 Mathematik, FB Mathematik und Informatik
 Universitaet Muenster, Room 120.012
 Orleans-Ring 10
 D-48149 Muenster

 Tel.: +49 251 83 35130