[Dune] Release branches for the upcoming 2.1 release created

Jö Fahlke jorrit at jorrit.de
Thu Feb 17 13:38:36 CET 2011

Am Thu, 17. Feb 2011, 12:28:50 +0100 schrieb Oliver Sander:
> If I remember correctly, managers of this release are the folks in Freiburg.
> I don't quite know how to set the proper permissions on the server.  Maybe
> somebody in Heidelberg can step in?  Thanks.

OK, I've set the permissions as follow for the modules dune-common, dune-grid,
dune-grid-dev-howto, dune-grid-howto and dune-istl:

| group       | path                  | permission |
|-------------+-----------------------+------------|
| DuneAll     | /                     | rw         |
| DuneAll     | /releases             | ro         |
| DuneAll     | /tags                 | ro         |
| DuneAll     | /branches/release-2.1 | ro         |
| ReleaseTeam | /tags                 | rw         |
| ReleaseTeam | /branches/release-2.1 | rw         |

That means, nobody may write in /releases anymore, and only member of the
release team may write in /tags and /branches/release-2.1.  /branches itself
is still open to anybody with commit rights, since we want people to be able
to easily create topic branches.  So, when a new release branch is created, we
have to explicitly set the write permissions on that branch to ReleaseTeam
only.

The group ReleaseTeam previously consisted of christi, dedner, graeser, joe,
mario, mblatt, mdroh_01, mnolte, peter, robertk and sander, i.e. all core
developers plus Martin Drohmann who was release manager once.  This does not
match the group name, so I'm changing the group to only contain the current
release managers robertk and mnolte (as Oliver put it: the Freiburg guys).
In addition I changed the group owner from christi to robertk, so that the
group is owned by one af its members.

Is this fine with everybody?

Bye,
Jö.