[Dune] DUNE for mix FEM+FVM methods?

Ali Roustaei arousta at interchange.ubc.ca
Sat Feb 26 01:36:00 CET 2011

Hello,

I am looking for a library for solving some special fluid problems and DUNE
looks a very complete and nice one!

Our current FEM codes are based on a library called
PELICANS and it used to work well.

But it has been for sometime that we are interested in2 phase fluid
problems and we've faced several problems. Because we want to
use a combination of FEM+FVM

FEM for solving the flow and
FVM is solving the Volume Of Fluid (VOF) equation.

One of the biggest problems is mesh. We want different meshes
for FEM and FVM and PELICANS has no idea of it. Also it would be nice
to have AMR that PELICANS has not by default.

Currently using old FEM codes but it needs many tricks and we can
use it only for very simple geometries.

We plan to change our base library or at least use a new one for later works and I
am looking for it.

Can anyone help us. Is DUNE able to attack such problems in a clean and nice way?

Thank you all