[Dune] Simplices Instead of Cubes

S. Swayamjyoti swayam.151 at gmail.com
Thu Jan 6 20:56:01 CET 2011

Thanks Jö.

1. I have not instructed DGF to triangulate cubes into simplices.
2. I am not using the "Subsampling VTKWriter" and did not change default
values either.

So, I guess Paraview is triangulating the grid, I tried it on another DGF
file and I get triangulations after slicing. Moreover, when the grid is just
created there are no triangulations on the boundary of the grid. So, I guess
slicing is the reason.

Now, if I do not apply the slice filter, is there a option in Paraview to
visualize the grid at half plane cut? How can I cut it and see what's inside
without slicing it?

Thanks,
Swayam