[Dune] bug/problem: "set_trivial_row function routine" adds a wrong entries in global matrix (dune-pdelab)

Nagaiah Chamakuri nagaiah.chamakuri at gmail.com
Thu Jan 13 17:18:46 CET 2011

Hi dune-pdelab,

Yesterday I was trying to send a message to
dune-pdelab at dune-project.orgmailing list
but, it seems, due to lack of permissions my message was not delivered.
So I am mailing to common dune mailing list.

I have a question about "set_trivial_row" function in new
_gridoperatorspace.hh at line 885  (precisely I am using Jacobian
function routine to construct matrices) and defined in
gridoperatorspaceutilities.hh at line 971.
If one uses *non overlapping grid(*for instance UG grid) and more than one
solution component then this function routine
adds a zero entries for some diagonal entries of the ghost nodes in the
global matrix.
This function routine works well in case of one solution component presents
in the problem.

right answer should looks like as follows (up to my knowledge):

f*or j=1 to no.of.comp*
{
    B::clear_row(i*+j*,globalcontainer)
    B::access(globalcontainer,i+j,i+j) = 1,
}

Is it right? or  didn't I understand correctly?

Thank you in advance.

Regards
Nagaiah