[Dune] dune.module + Suggests + Automake Macro (dune-2.0)

Dan Popovic dan.popovic at iwr.uni-heidelberg.de
Fri Jul 8 14:32:20 CEST 2011

Dear Dune,

if I specify any dune module, say dune-foo, as "Suggests = dune-foo" in
the dune.module file of my dune application, is it then possible to have
certain directories in my application built depending on if the
suggested module is installed or not? Is there, for instance, any
Automake-Macro defined which I could use in my build-files?

I had a look into the build-system-howto, but could not find any hints
on this. My question is probably related to the issue that the P1-FEM
example in the dune-grid-howto should be compiled if dune-istl is
installed only (which was discussed on this list some weeks ago), but
afaics this was realized up to today (I had a look in the current trunk
of dune-grid-howto).

Any help appreciated -- Have a nice day,

Dan