[Dune] dune.module + Suggests + Automake Macro (dune-2.0)

Dan Popovic dan.popovic at iwr.uni-heidelberg.de
Tue Jul 12 08:24:59 CEST 2011

Hello Dune-Users,

recently I wondered if there is a way to built certain sub-directories
of a dune application depending on if some dune module listed below
'Suggests' in the application's dune.module is available or not.

Yesterday I talked with Joe and he pointed out that this feature is
already available (I'm working with dune-2.0 stable): In
dune-common/m4/dune.m4, DUNE_CHECK_MODULES defines an AM_CONDITIONAL
named HAVE_{MODULE} where MODULE is the name of the module from
'Suggests' in upper case and any '-' is replaced by '_'. For
instance, for dune-pdelab there would be 'HAVE_DUNE_PDELAB' defined and
could be used in a Makefile.am in an if-clause. Joe already added
detailed documentation about DUNE_CHECK_MODULES to dune.m4 where it is
described how this macro should be called and which conditional is
defined -- perfect! ;-)

'Thanks' Joe and best regards to all.

Dan