[Dune] Reading in a mesh created by Cubit

Markus Blatt Markus.Blatt at iwr.uni-heidelberg.de
Thu Jul 14 18:03:37 CEST 2011

Hi,

On Thu, Jul 14, 2011 at 05:16:38PM +0200, Alex Evanovic wrote:
> Is it possible to read in a mesh generated by Cubit in DUNE? For gmsh, we
> have the gmsh reader. Do we have something similar for Cubit?
>
> If not, how can I convert a Cubit grid into a DUNE grid? (I have the
> elements, nodal coordinates etc)

Export as IGES and then import it to gmesh using OpenCascade.

Markus

--
Markus Blatt, Interdisciplinary Center for Scientific Computing,
University Heidelberg, Im Neuenheimer Feld 368, D-69120 Heidelberg

'Mathematics knows no races or geographic boundaries; for
mathematics, the cultural world is one country' - David Hilbert