[Dune] Reading in a mesh created by Cubit

Alex Evanovic alex.evanovic at googlemail.com
Sat Jul 16 22:22:41 CEST 2011

Hi,

I have a problem while exporting the file as an IGES. The geometry gets
exported but the meshing does not get exported.

When I import it to gmsh, I get the geometry, but not the cubit meshing. I
have to mesh it in gmsh again which I do not prefer. I want the Cubit
meshing retained.

Please note that my gmsh version is compiled with Open Cascade. It's the dev
version, gmsh nightly windows version.

In fact, after I export the cubit mesh into IGES, and if I import it again
back to Cubit, I lose the meshing.

Could you please suggest regarding this?

I apologize as the question is more related to Cubit and not to DUNE. But in
the end, I need the gmsh mesh for reading it into DUNE. If some one can help
me why I am losing the meshing while exporting as IGES, I will be thankful.

Regards,
Alex