[Dune] Communicating IdSet elements

Jö Fahlke jorrit at jorrit.de
Sun Jul 24 16:42:37 CEST 2011

Am Sun, 24. Jul 2011, 14:54:26 +0200 schrieb Patrick Leidenberger:
> in my code I have to communicate members of Dune IdSet using MPI
> (tetraheda with ALUgrid).
> I have a working version, but it is so ugly and performs very, very
> bad that I do not want talk about it.
> Are the ideas around, how such a communication can be done efficient?

I think you need to elaborate a little bit on what you actually want to
achieve with the communication.  Right now I'm not even sure whether you want
to send the ids themselves from one process to another, or whether you're
trying to use a tetrahedron's id to send data associated with that tetrahedron
from one process to another.  It would also be interesting to know what you
are trying to achieve with this communication -- most things where one would
ordinarily try to communicate ids have special facilities and can be done much
more elegantly in Dune.

Bye,
Jö.

--