[Dune] Fwd: Re: Communicating IdSet elements

Martin Nolte nolte at mathematik.uni-freiburg.de
Sun Jul 24 17:09:51 CEST 2011

;-)

-------- Original Message --------
Subject: Re: [Dune] Communicating IdSet elements
Date: Sun, 24 Jul 2011 17:09:29 +0200
From: Martin Nolte <nolte at mathematik.uni-freiburg.de>
To: Jö Fahlke <jorrit at jorrit.de>

Hi Jö,

with respect to disk I/O the lack of precision was indented. I guess having a
good binary representation is all you need to achieve both, communication and
any kind of disk I/O (you can always write in in base64 or hexadecimal
encoding into a character stream). But I wanted to keep an open discussion at
the current state.

As to the communication: Maybe Markus can give further insights on the current
status, here. Moreover, I think there might be some good ideas in the MPI
standard that can also help for arbitrary serialization problems (read: disk
I/O above).

Best,

Martin

--
Martin Nolte <nolte at mathematik.uni-freiburg.de>

Universität Freiburg                                   phone: +49-761-203-5630
Abteilung für angewandte Mathematik                    fax:   +49-761-203-5632
Hermann-Herder-Straße 10
79104 Freiburg, Germany