[Dune] Fwd: Re: Communicating IdSet elements

Martin Nolte nolte at mathematik.uni-freiburg.de
Sun Jul 24 21:00:59 CEST 2011

Hi Jö,

while we might learn from Boost how to do seriaization properly, I don't think a
dependency on boost a good idea. Furthermore, glancing over the
Boost::Serialization documentation, they are intended to be non-intrusive, i.e.,
given "good" operations for conversion to and from binary, you could use boost
on top of dune-grid. I would very much prefer such an approach over dependencies
on boost.

Best,

Martin

--
Martin Nolte <nolte at mathematik.uni-freiburg.de>

Universität Freiburg                                   phone: +49-761-203-5642
Abteilung für angewandte Mathematik                    fax:   +49-761-203-5632
Hermann-Herder-Straße 10
79104 Freiburg, Germany